This dual bidirectional motor driver is based on the very popular L298 Dual H-Bridge Motor Driver IC. The circuit will allow you to easily and independently control two motors of up to 2A each in both directions. It is ideal for robotic applications and well suited for connection to a microcontroller requiring just a couple of control lines per motor. It can also be interfaced with simple manual switches, TTL logic gates, relays, etc.
The circuit incorporates 2 direction Dual Color LEDs (1 per motor), a heat sink, screw-terminals, as well as eight Schottky EMF-protection diodes. An onboard user-accessible 5V regulator is also incorporated which can also be used to supply any additional circuits requiring a regulated 5V DC supply of up to about 1A.
Specifications & Features:
- Driver: L298N Dual H Bridge DC Motor Driver IC
- Motor Power Supply : +6V to 35V
- Max average current 2A
- Logic Level Power Vss: +5V (Onboard 5V Regulator)
- Control Logic: Standard TTL Logic Level
- Enable and Direction Control Pins
- Heatsink for IC
- Power-On LED indicator
- 2 Direction LED indicators (Dual Color LED)
- Screw-terminals for power and motor connections.
- Burg Strip Header Pin For Logic Signal Inputs
- Can independently control 2 x DC motors or 1 x 2-phase stepper motor
- Can parallel-connect to control a 3 amp DC motor
- Can control motor go forward/backward
- Speed of DC Motor can be adjusted by PWM
- Can provide 5V power supply to MCU or other controllers